2020 Championship Qualifiers
Park Hang-seo’s Vietnam will open their campaign in the 2020 AFC U-23 Championship Qualifiers when they take on Brunei at the My Dinh National Stadium in Hanoi on Friday.
Vietnam, runners-up in the 2018 edition of the continental youth championship held in China, will be looking to go one step further this time around, but they will have to negotiate a couple of tough oppositions in the group stages of the qualifiers itself.
They are pooled with Indonesia and Thailand, who face each other in the first match earlier in the day, in Group K of the qualifiers. So, a win against minnows Brunei in the opener will be exactly what the Golden Dragons will need to boost their confidence heading to bigger challenges.
Vietnam are scheduled to face Indonesia on March 24 and then Thailand, who have already qualified as hosts of the tournament, in the final group match on March 26.
The match will kick off at 9 PM HKT. LIVE Updates begin at 8.30 PM HKT. Stay Tuned.
- 24′ – GOAL! VIETNAM 2-0 Brunei! Nguyen Thanh Chung turns the ball in after pinball inside the Brunei penalty box! Vietnam running away with the game now!
- 18 minutes ago21′ – CHANCE for Vietnam! Ha Duc Chinh at the end of another opportunity, but his tap in flies wide of the target!
- 24 minutes ago15′ – An injury for the referee?! It looks like our match referee has picked up a slight knock here with his knee giving him some discomfort!
- 25 minutes agoBut their HLV Park Hang-seo shows no emotions!
- 27 minutes agoCelebrations following the goal! Vietnam fans are jubilant…
- 27 minutes ago10′ – GOAL! Vietnam 1-0 up! It’s Vietnam’s No 18 Ha Duc Chinh who gets his head to a beautifully timed crossfrom Thanh Thinh! The 2018 runners-up launch into the lead!
- 37 minutes ago4′ – An early stoppage! Brunei player down injured as the referee brings the match to a temporary halt.
- 41 minutes agoKICK OFF! And we are underway here in Hanoi!
- 42 minutes agoHere’s the Brunei Starting 11:
- an hour agoHere’s the Starting 11 for Vietnam today! And there are a few surprises there! One name that is inconspicuous by its absence is that of captain Nguyen Quang Haiwho will start on the bench against minnows Brunei!